It has been quite a while since we posted on the shed and breakfast blog! But here we are in January 2018 and i thought i'd take a moment to give some shedlights from 2017 and into the New Year!
- First and foremost, a HUGE thank you to our fab guests and a big thank you for all your wonderful reviews and reccomendations. It is truly great when you have guests returning and reccommending friends. Keep spreading the shedword.
- Appearing on The One Show was fun and a little bizarre! and led us to meet lots of other shed enthusiasts wanting to run their own shed and breakfasts! Go for it guys!
- Over Christmas, The Ivy in Bristol invited us up to their restauraunt for a fancy dinner with other hoteliers and the like in Bristol. It was pretty surreal being in the big fancy brasserie talking about our little shed!! But having been, we would totally reccomend it for a treat, the building is really impressive and the art work is iconic of Bristol's history which is a nice touch and the food was classic and treaty as you might expect. We had to rush home to Indy before pudding so there's a pudding on the house awaiting us.... always a nice thought!
- And from the sureal to the ridiculous! Someone left a lucky buzard's claw in the flowers! not naming any names! just a bit of a shock! but it is now safely back with its rightful owner!
- We've had proposals, wedding nights, birthdays and anniversarys resulting in 15 champagne corks in the recycling! Very fancy!
- There's been a novel in the making, a play being penned, lectures being rehearsed, career changes mused apon and even an animal behavourist checking out Wilf!
- Many postcards have been coloured with increasingly impressive designs!
- And there have been more than a few serenading sessions from the shed guitar drifting out of the windows!
- There has been the sad goodbye to the penny floor but a welcome arrival of a wetroom floor that doesnt go rusty!!! As well as some lovely new robes and shed mugs from Movement Boutique in Bristol and the introduction of the shed stores! (essentially a box of essentials for shedders to use what they need and leave what they don't!)
- We've had snow on the shed roof and salute our hardy shed dwellers who have braved winter trips to the bathroom with not a hint of a grumble!
- Indy has delivered at least 20 bananas with the shed hamper to very patient guests!
- Deep cleans have happened with the obviously huge help of Indy!!!
- And wilf has had an unmeasurable amount of admiration and attention not to mention treats from the shed jar!
Thank you to everyone that has visited and we look forward to welcoming new guests in 2018! We'll leave you with a rather flattering review from the wonderful Jolie who made a return visit this January to start writing her next play, always lovely to have people returning, we look forward to her next writing sesison!:
Daisy and Jon are warm and friendly hosts offering a cosy space that is filled with finishing touches that express their love for their little shed and for hosting guests. The shed is cosy. I've only ever stayed in the winter and have always been warm. There is a good heater that blasts out heat, electric blankets, hot water bottles and plenty of warm bedding. Also cool bathrobes and slippers. Wilf the dog is barky initially but very friendly once he gets to know you and there's treats in the shed to take with you for him when you're nipping in to use the bathroom. The bathroom is stylish and the shower is great. The area is gorgeous and the shed looks out onto a fabulous view of multicoloured houses. Although there's houses facing you they are far enough away to still feel private and looking out onto a garden means you feel close to nature, with birds landing by the window to make use of the well stocked bird feeder. You have everything you need in the shed to be able to cook for yourself and get on with whatever you're there to do. I go there to write. The table makes a great desk and I get to stare out of the window for inspiration. I love the Shed and Breakfast as a place to stay and will be returning again.
Until Next time! xx Daisy, Jon, Indy and Wilf